A-M Systems is seeking a motivated sales and support scientist/engineer to represent and service our products. The candidate will have experience in electrophysiology or neuroscience with an oversized interest in electronic instrumentation. Ideal qualifications include expertise in patch clamp electrophysiology. Qualified candidates will have excellent English communication skills (spoken and written), are self-motivated, self-directed, detail oriented, and personable. Job includes full benefits package: (Medical/Dental, Retirement Plan, Vacation/Sick days). Competitive salary (base + commission & expenses) that is commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate should have a BS/MS degree in biology, physiology, neuroscience, or electrical or biomedical engineering, with extensive experience utilizing scientific instrumentation in a laboratory setting.
- Technical Sales: Develop strong business relationships with existing customers as well as generating new customers through the use of provided leads, reviewing the scientific literature and governmental database sources, and your own knowledge of the industry. Visit customers at different institutions as needed to promote/provide servicing of their current A-M System’s equipment, and generate new sales of our products. Speak to and email customers about their equipment needs, prospect for new customers, make quotes, and follow up to procure orders.
- Technical Support: become completely proficient in the use of our equipment, which includes both hardware and software. Help customers use our products by giving them superior technical support via telephone, email, and site visits. Be able to perform simple equipment calibrations using instruments such as a function/signal generator, an oscilloscope, and a voltmeter. Be able to follow written procedures documenting calibration procedures, including being able to read schematics as needed.
- Product Development: Use own knowledge of neuroscience and patch clamp physiology to assist in development of new target customers, new applications for our existing products, and new products.
- Trade Show Support: attend trade shows as needed. Assist during installation and breakdown of trade show exhibit. Staff booth and meet customers during trade show. Follow up with trade show customers and make appointments for on site visits to secure orders.
- The position requires travel locally, around the US, and sometimes abroad (Valid Drivers License, own transportation, Passport a must).